Thursday, July 29, 2010

GLOBAL WARMING?






This is everyones general view of Blondie! Typically it is a Zululand view - any photos you take of animals is generally of the butt!
Thank heavens my view of Blondie is across a long yellow bonnet (otherwise known as a hood!)
:-)
If the planet is supposed to be getting warmer (Global Warming), why is it so cold in Zululand? Usually it is so very warm that you dont venture far from the airconditioners or the pool! Currently it feels like you can go ice skating on the pool, and it feels like any second, ice bergs will float past the coast on view! In fact you can never be completely sure that the white caps on the waves are not ice - except the current that runs down the East Africa coast is from India and the equator!
Typically, everyone around is complaining about the cold, but when it is hot and sunny, they complain bitterly that it is too hot! "They" are never satisfied! Really, just be happy the sun shines and in summer, the days are long even if they are warm! Cape Town is really depressing in winter, when you rise, dress then drive to work in the dark, because the sun has yet to rise, and before your work is finished, it is dark again!
I like the hot weather because in the cold my accident damaged muscles really complain and movement is difficult most of the time!

The upside (for me) is that there is literally no winter here! We go from full on summer (february) to mild summer (July). It is green here most of the time and to visit Johannesburg now is depressing! It is cold (their maximum temperatures are lower than our minima even on the coldest day!), grey (too much concrete), polluted (too much smog), too dry and brown and too populated! I have always been a loner - preferring my own company rather than that of others! Maybe this answers why I have not remarried - yet - but my ex has been through another divorce and many boyfriends! She is way more gregarious and outgoing than I wish to be!

On a busy day, 2 cars pass the gates of my home and amazingly, both cars live in my garage! There is a lot of movement across the lane from me, but they dont drive past my home!
I commented yesterday that the road ditch (used to be a tar speed bump) had been tarred over. I just wonder why they dont fix the lacework of potholes in Port Durnford, rather than wasteing money on creating speed bumps, then digging them out and tarring over the mess that is left! Maybe I'm cynical, but if it was the approach to Jacob Zumas home - or even that of Nelson Mandela? - it would never have gotten in such a state of disrepair! Disgusting really when repairs are desperately needed but the Roads Department is being intensively audited to see if they can recover SOME (not even all!) of the misappropriated funds! It seems currently that those in power are more interested in enhancing their bellies, not doing good!

No comments:

Post a Comment