Saturday, July 3, 2010

Comments II

Watching the Amazing Race on DSTV, I am kind of stunned at how difficult it is for teams to travel out of their comfort zones (the local mall) and venture round the world! Foremost are comments like "this is SO hard") are common place.

What is even funnier is when they face a detour where they actually have to row a boat. Each boat always is equipped with oars and row locks, but the teams find it easier to lean over the front and paddle with theior hands! They are unable to see that rowing the correct way has to be easier, but they have never dome anything other than play video games!

It amazes me that the "clues" as to where to go next are not so much clues (that require brainwork to figure out!) but are specific instructions - and they still get it wrong! Admittedly it cannot be easy to navigate across the globe, and a common comment is "Why dont they understand English!" It is not even as if the teams can speak english - or at least anything resembling the Queens English.

What stunned me when I flew to LA via London, is that even in the home of English, they use strange dialects that are not exactly recogniseable as English!

I am of the opinion that "The Amazing Race" is more fair than is "Survivor." In AR the team eliminated is the last one on the mat, whereas in S, it is personality that counts! If I put my mind to it, I could complete the Amazing Race, but if I were in Survivor, I would be the first to fall! I am unable to run easily, and that would be a downfall for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment