Thursday, August 12, 2010

Richards Bay Chapel



Back of chapel


Side of chapel


Front of chapel

Yesterday, I was early for my District Council meeting, so I walked around the chapel, taking snapshots with my Digital Camera. This may help some of the senior couple missionaries who served in Richards Bay to remember (fondly?) their missions!

I know that Elder and Sister Downs - who baptised me (decades ago now!) will only recognise a few of the photos, as since I was baptised, the original chapel was extensively extended with the addition of the Cultural Hall behind the chapel, and the satellite dish! As a District Council we meet in the offices that are part of this "new" addition. I feel impressed that this is the groundwork for Richards Bay to be a Stake in the not very distant future!

Generally Richards Bay has attendances at Sacrament that are not as much as attends units like Port Durnford, but the mature leasdership comes from the Bay. At Port Durnford, the average age of the congregation is probably around 15 years old or so! Sure they have the numbers, but there is no way that a teen can fill senior positions - at least not yet! In fact about half of the attendance at Nseleni Branch are barely out of nappies! Cute enough, but if they cannot hold a pen, how can they lead a Stake?

No comments:

Post a Comment