Monday, September 27, 2010

This weekend

This weekend is General Conference weekend for the LDS Church. The satellite broadcasts are going to be received at the branch. I know that several of them are being shown at delayed times.

I am aware that they are also being shown on the Internet, although I have tried to access this, but not succeeded. I know that the official DVDs of all sessions will be received by month end and we can then view the sessions not seen this weekend! I assume also that these will be available to watch at home!

I and other members who live away from the Church building in Richards Bay, are grateful for this opportunity. I know thst it is possible to get a satellite dish and decoder for the BYU broadcasts, but this is not the same as DSTV. The dishes face different directions!

I know that the Branch President has a dish for this reception, and so too do a few of the other members! My decoder only decodes the signal for DSTV and definitely does not include BYU as a channel.

I am kind of amazed at how fast time is fleeing these days. It seems like yesterday that it was Christmas and already the shops are gearing up for Christmas 2010. When you think of that I feel quite old. Of the members at the branch, there is one who is 70+ and of the rest, I am pretty well the oldest active member! I was stunned to find that the father of the Elders Qorum President is actually 2 years younger than I am! Strange thing is that I dont feel so old! It is kind of as if I hit 21, and stopped ageing then. At least I dont behave (I think) the age that I feel. I know that sme people act 17, when they are 75! Sad really. Still, that is their choice and they have to live with, and answer for it! I dnt understand how they can! You move completely differently! Atv 75, you should display your maturity of long years of experience, but you only look kind of foolish when you behave - and dress - 17!

No comments:

Post a Comment