Wednesday, September 29, 2010

:-) Another new day

Is there a limit to being content? I find this is not really an option. I get disgruntled when really strange things happen - like 3 cars go past my gate in a day - and I dont own any of them! What is that about? Are there more than 3 cars that are not owned by me?

At Church, there is one Priesthood holder who is 21, and he really desires to own Blondie! There are 3 problems with this though!

1. He lives on a farm where the roads are not great! Blondie can make it from the tar road into my garage, because the farm type roads in the Park are paved!
2. There is no hope that he can afford to run the car - I bought new tyres for the back, and paid R 3 000 EACH and his Nissan Bakkie, takes tyres that cost around R 400 each! He could retyre his car twice for the cost of ONE of the rear tyrs on my car! I kind of figure that I will not need to replace them more often than once every 2 or 3 DECADES.
3. Since he passed his drivers license 3 years ago. he has rolled 3 different cars. Blondie WILL bite his head off and spit out the chewed up remains! Parked in the bays at Church Blondie looks quite tame and fairly placid, but unless you have tamed her, she WILL bite your head off, without mercy!

By not giving him Blondie, I am being christian, because I am protecting him from 2 things:-
abject poverty AND
a fate worse than divorce! :-( (he will die a horrible death, AND probably even get blood on the upholstery)

The cost of refuelling is not too bad - not considering that my Landy costs R 1 000 to fill up - once a month, but that assumes that you drive it sensibly! Drive it with a heavy foot and you definitely have to spend a fair amount of time at the fuel pumps in the filling stations!

Despite general opinion, I did not buy it as a "chick magnet"! The funniest thing was that one of the senior couple missionary sisters slid easily enough into the passenger seat, but try as she might, she could not climb out easily! I find that the easiest way to get behind the wheel is to slide in and to get out you open the door and roll out onto the sidewalk and use the nearest sign to stand up - not very glamorous, but effective! Sure you dont look cool doing this, but when you first park there, you look so cool that everyone around gets the shivers! I have to laugh out loud at some of the pedestrians whose heads whip round so fast that there eyes dont stop spinning for hours! Strange thing is that Blondie is 26 years old, so should not be that much of an icon to observe!

The merest repairs can be hugely expensive. I replaced the fuel pump and the non genuine part cost R 1 800. but a Porsche part would probably have cost R 8 000 or so! Crazy thing is that the fuel pump was one as supplied to Audi, and because it did not come from the agents in a fancy box with a Porshe logo, it is not sold with a huge price tag! The passenger window winder motor that has ceased to function probably needs new bushes - cost R 150 or so - and I was quoted R 3 000 for a new one by the Porsche agency in Umhlanga Ridge, Durban! I am not going to enter it into Showroom competetions, so it will not matter to me if it is not entirely original!

I love Blondie and I think that my ex would not be at all happy if had I owned a Porsche whilst she was married to me! Already she disliked the car that I owned when we got married, because maybe I (a typical male) loved my first brand new sports car, more than I did her! I admit that, but in my defense, it did not overspend in the shops, or answer me back - that was before I got a GPRS, that tells me when to turn, and gets miffed if I dont listen to it! I have had it tell me "Make a legal U turn!" but on honeymoon, there were times when the passenger seat, emitted an icy silence because I had gone a way that my ex did not feel was correct! She failed to see that real men have a built in GPRS that is kind of infallible!

When (not if!) I remarry, my new wife has to accept that the whole Steve Package comes with a yellow Porsche AND a Land Rover - no negotiations!

No comments:

Post a Comment