Saturday, November 27, 2010

First day of my life to come?

2 things are terrifying me today:-

1. Christine passed her Learners license to learn to drive - on Wednesday

2. I have been asked to speak in Sacrament in Richards Bay -as First Speaker!

My concerns:-

1. Christine is already planning to drive either my 2.5 litre Porsche (manual) or preferrably my 4x4 V8 Automatic! She has no idea that both are way more powerful - and frankly scary - than my 1.4 litre Opel Corsa. She thinks she can handle traffic. I had a thought that she would be happier with something like a Nissan Bakkie which is a 1.4 litre motor, is not that powerful and is not as fast as either my 2.5 litre Porshe or my 3.9 litre V8 auto 4x4!

2. The members in Richards Bay are way more mature than in the new branches. One member - no names, no packdrill, although I will admit to it that it is a she - has been a member for a few decades, and thinks she knows more than anyone as to what is preached, and who hears the talks! She scares the bejeepers out of me, although I know that she does not actually have the power to do anything - other than criticise every talk - whilst they are talking! Drives me nuts!

Di (whom I am kind of sweet on!) had her Blackberry phone stolen a week ago. Yesterday, she got a call, saying that it had been recovered. That was kind of lucky, as her replacement set would have cost her R 500 excess on the insurance!

She is always losing her phones and I gave her a real cheapie set when she was without a phone before. That has survived being snatched (the thief was tackled by a bystander and the set returned to her!) It is the cheapest that you can buy and she has had it for at least the last 3 years! Her fancy sets are stolen or lost regularly, but the cheapie is still around!

No comments:

Post a Comment