Monday, January 17, 2011

Pinetown

At present, I am staying at a really comfortable Bed and Breakfast accommodation place in Pinetown - just up the hill from the Mission Home in Westville

It is central(ish) and is not far from where I need to go in Durban! Sure it is (slightly) more than the Road Lodge, but is SO much more comfortable! I also think that it is more safe, since it is in a patrolled neighbourhood. You get what you pay for!

Another great thing is that included in the cost is breakfast, and it is great - bacon, eggs, sausage, toast, juice and Milo if you want! Way better than at the Road Lodge where all you get is one tiny room with a shower. At the B&B, the guest cottage has DSTV on the television, and a HUGE bath in the bathroom. It is bug enough to be called a Jacuzzi, and in fact has a pump that creates jets of water. Way better than a cramped shower in the Road Lodge! The other benefit is that in the kitchen, there is a hotplate, a microwave and a fridge. At the Road Lodge, or even the Formula 1 Hotel, all you get is access to the Macdonalds across the parking lot!

At Church, I missed seeing my Elders Quorum President, as I thought he was stuck on the farm like the rest of his family. I called him to check on how he is doing, and was stunned to find out that he has moved permanently to Pinetown. That leaves us in Richards Bay without an Elders Quorum President.

I am (or was!) his Hometeacher, so that leaves me in a quandary! Ideally I should report changes in my "families" circumstances to the EQ President. Thing is, he IS my Elders Quorum President. I cannot report to him, since he is who the changed circumstances apply to! I suppose that temporarily, that leaves me as the Elders Quorum Presidency representative in Richards Bay. The other counsellor called has been less active (read "inactive") since he was called as a counsellor. The EQ President's father is on the Branch Presidency, but does that absolve me from reporting what I know to the Branch President?

I further feel that in another 3 months, the position as Branch President is likely to need to be filled, and I have long felt that the reason that I am the senior District Council member is so that I can take over as Branch President of Richards Bay. That is how the Church works internationally! That also is the intention of District Councils - training ground for future Branch Presidents!

After my troubles last week when I had 2 flat tyres in one afternoon, I bought 2 new off-road tyres. When they were on, the different manufacturers of the front and the rear tyres, made it so that the tracking was not very good, so I ordered 2 more! Now I have 4 tyres of the same make, (All Terrain tyres, serious enough 4x4 tyres to take me up Everest with no problems!) the vehicle handles like an absolute dream! There was a delay since after I bought the 2, the dealer sold off all of these tyres, and had to order more to be delivered overnight! In any event, they were well worth the wait My 4x4 is now shod with 4 of the most serious all-terrain tyres around!

No comments:

Post a Comment