Monday, January 10, 2011

P Day

No wonder the Game Reserve is my all time favorite place on earth! With views like this, where else comes even close?



The first big Game we saw up close and personal was this warthog at the gate. It was more than I could resist, to touch it! The Elders with me were stunned that I would even try to touch it!


Just about the last animal we saw was really appreciated by the Elders. It was so close that if we had spat at it, we would not have missed.


What stunned the new Elders was how huge this Elephant was! Secret is though that it was quite a young Elephant, and not really that big! I have seen them up to twice as bulky!


Today was kind of unforgettable! At lunch I saw my one tyre was flat(tish) and needed air, After lunch I took it to the service area where they sell petrol (gas if you come from the far west!) I inflated the tyre and set off! 2 km's down the road and the Landy was handling like a caged animal and someone stopped us and warned that we had a flat! I immediately turned around (not easy in a huge 4x4) and set off back to Hilltop. We got within shouting distance and the tyre was too flat to go further! I stopped and we managed to get the tyre changed, then back to the petrol area. We inflated the wheel and set off again, Murphys Law, the spare also had an airleak. 2 flats in one afternoon? - what is the probability of that! - We got the problem sorted out after finding the one tyre had a split and the other one needed a plug! It took all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment