Friday, January 28, 2011

Is it REALLY a problem?

About 2 weeks ago, I was in Pinetown and at the local mall there, I bought myself some longs - camoflage pants! This was because my jeans in size 38, are too large for me! I have found that in the last 2 weeks, these "camo" pants (suit my 4x4) have gone from being slightly tight, to extremely loose! On Wednesday, I had to buy a new belt to keep them from sliding down around my ankles! The latest trend among teens is to wear your pants below your bum, but I am not a teen and have not been since the 1970's! With me, it is either around your waist, or around your ankles - no inbetween!

My biggest regret is that a decade ago, I tidied out my closit and gave away around 10 pairs of longs to the Relief Society at my Church - for distribution to the needy. Who would ever have thought that I would be one of these needy? I am so fortunate that I can afford to go out to buy new pants. Biggest kicker is that I gave away around 10 pairs of nearly new pants! You have to be concerned when your biggest problem is that you have given away all the pants that will fit you again in the very near future!

Main reason for giving them to the needy was that I never thought I would fit into them again - and I needed the closit space! Still, most people that I know have the usual reverse problem! Their clothes are getting too small! I should not complain, but "man-of-the-world" that I am, I cannot help but feel that I made a mistake by giving away about a thousand rands worth of clothes that were almost new!

No comments:

Post a Comment