Monday, October 18, 2010

Half term

Boy does time fly when you are having fun(???) Christine seems to have been back at school for 5 minutes and in 2 weeks time she will be on her half term! I last saw her at Easter, so for her birthday, I told her that i would pay for 2 weekends away with me. That way I get to spend time with her where she cannot moan to her Mom that it is not 5 Star treatment! I did however warn her that the weekends away gift does not include booking into a 5 star hotel, that her mom can afford to put her up in! Kind of bugs me that her ex step father has seen her twice since Mom went to Canada, and I have not seen her - at all! I know that the advice that I would be given is that I am welcome to go and stay in the Midlands and see her, but it is not quite the same thing! Admittedly the hotel that I like to stay at there is rather upmarket, but I cannot afford to stay there that often! Anyway, she has a school friend whose grandparents run a Bed and Breakfast around 5 minutes from the Pinetown Chapel in Cowies Hill. I even know where that is, since that is where I was married. 6 years later, I was declared divorced just down the slope in the High Court! You could say that for me marriage was a downhill journey! :-)

Apparently her Mom decided that whilst she was in Canada, Christine should have nothing to do with me, but a toyboy whom she divorced was good enough. That really creeps me out - but then, what am I? Just a man who happens to be the biological father! I know that one day, my ex will have to answer for her actions, but that can seem sometimes to be really far removed! I do know that Christine is sealed to me for Eternity, and think that her Mom thinks that she is sealed likewise! News is, who holds the Priesthood here? Not Mom! Still that is not exactly comforting, since I barely know her in mortality.

I have seen a Bone China dinner service in the Gateway mall, that I should have bought when I saw it! Now I get a chance to spoil myself when I am nearby! I also want to get a set of crystal glasses as a gift for when a friend gets married. He maintains he is not ready yet, but things are looking hopeful that he will tie the knot soon!

When I married Michele, we could not be sealed straight away, since I was unable to attend the Temple until I had been a member a year! I just knew from when we first met - in a bar at Mtubatuba of all placers! - that she was one of "the ones" - mother to my child! I was a member for a year when we were sealed in the Temple, and that weekend, I was nearly killed! I look at it that BC (Before Crash) I existed, but my life only really started AD (After Damage). If I had not been laid out by a truck, Michele would not have had such an easy excuse to divorce me - at least she threatened, demanded vocally and moved out! It was only after a year when I gave her what she said she wanted! Just before the hearing, she said that she did not actually want this, but I was kind of hurt by her infidelity, and since I was in control, I went through with the action! I think that she has yet to forgive me for giving her what she demanded - long and loud! I think she rather regrets throwing me away, but she does have her agency! This is not free, since she will have to bear the consequences of her choices! Dont get me wrong, I may not be the easiest to live with, but I do know that I am not guilty of mistreating her!

You hear of so many cases of spousal abuse, but the worst that I am guilty of, is not earning huge amounts, or giving her what she insisted on! I am grateful to her for giving me my daughter, and for showing me what sort of woman I dont want to be married to

Di amazed me the other day! I had downloaded the sound tracks of the recent General Conference, and she was enjoying the discs on the CD player in my Landrover. She seemed really inerested in the talks. When President Monson was talking of Senior Couples, I said that I would like to serve a Senior Couples Mission, and she said "We must talk about that!" I think she must realise that I can only do this when I am a "couple" again!

I was also intrigued when there was a talk on Pride in the Priesthood session! There is a member locally who is convinced that all pride is a sin! I wonder what President Uchtdorf of the First Presidency would say if he knew that a member of Richards Bay considers him a sinner for admitting pride in his children! I can see however that it does not cost him much sleep.

I am proud of Christine, but does that make me a sinner? If it does, President Uchtdorf will have great company in the afterlife - even if I do say so myself! I am proud of my 2 cars - not because they are better than anyone elses - but because they are - better - and not by just a little bit! There goes my wicked sense of humour again! They are better because I am priviledged to have them in my personal garage! I honestly dont care enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment