Saturday, December 4, 2010

Test of willpower

Today was nerve racking, because Christine has passed her learners license. We had to go downto Westville (Pinetown area) to collect a friend who is staying over for a few days!

I felt bad for Christine as she passed her learners a week or so ago and I had not let her drive yet! From school you take the N3 freeway to Durban, then the N2 along the coast! I turned off the freeway at Gingindlovu and asked her if she wanted to drive home - a distance of around 20 kilometers! She jumped at the chance to drive my automatic V8. She had enough to cope with in traffic for the first time. I limited her speed to 80 kilometers an hour, and as she did not have to change gears, she coped well!

Driving into the garden however, she clipped both gates, luckily the only "damage" is a slight mark in the paintwork that will polish out! No big deal, and I SURVIVED!

Her friend is a young Mormon in his last year of school. He wants to serve a Mission starting next year, and I LIKE him. I am pretty sure that he has sufficient moral standards to keep things between them clean and pure!

No comments:

Post a Comment