Saturday, June 23, 2012

Moon boot

Today is another example of how I disbelieve in Global Warming. It is cold - cold enough to make my foot - encased in a cast, as it is - painfully cold. It is rerally strange that cold weather affects where you have had problems before. Where my bones were smashed when I was run over, really feels the cold!

Zululand and Cold dont exactly go together. I know that scars tend to be susceptible to cold, and my foot is severely painful. Strangely enough, my foot is painful around the heel - as I would expect, but sore along the one edge also. I understand that part of the operation was where the surgeon cut ino the side of my foot!

My GP announced that he had been advised that the warning to keep the cast on for 6 weeks was not unnecessary. I have to endure the cast on for a further 3 weeks, then I have the loan of a suitable moon boot. I am looking forward to the day when my moon boot is put to use!

My Mom reports that I have - ever since I could walk - been obsessed with cleanliness and it distresses me that I cannot either shower or bath! Sponge baths are the order of the day and I long for the day when I can relax in either a hot shower or a bubble bath. I have long felt that you dont realise what you lose (have to give up) until it is gone. I cannot shower or bath, for fear that I will get my cast wet - again! I was wearing a plastic bag to keep it dry, but the water not so much seeped as flowed into the bag. This destroyed the structural integrity of the cast and I had to have it strengthened!

No comments:

Post a Comment