Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas

I am not ashamed to admit that I believe in Christ, and that it is worth believeing that - like every other human being - he was born.

I took my daughter shopping for gifts yesterday - maybe crazy to leave it to the last minute, but that is kind of how the cookie crumbled. The city of Richards Bay was CRAZY! The mall parking garage was full - for the first time ever. The traffic was insane and it was evident that the usual busy roads in Johannesburg had all emptied - and the crazies were all at the coast!

Late December is THE best time to be in Johannesburg since the crowds that are usually there, are all at the coast. I was in Cape Town for Christmas 2 years ago, and was stunned that at 10 am, I was stuck in a traffic jam on the N1 freeway into the city! Sure the city is stunningl;y beautiful, but not when you are stuck in 4 lanes of cars on the freeway - all going at precisely no kilometers an hour! Rush hour was ANY hour!

Since I was run down, I find that I tense up in traffic - strange since my accident happened on a fairly quiet road into the Kruger Park Game Reserve

No comments:

Post a Comment