Friday, July 13, 2012

Lazy crazy days

With my foot encased in a moon boot, it is not so very hard to have lazy days! Movement is a huge thing to achieve and it is far easier to be a vegetable in front of the TV.

What bugs me most is that the folks are super scared by government pronouncements that everyone is using too much power and threats of imminent power outages is constantly on the TV. Strikes me as really strange that under the evil of an apartheid government we had no  such problems - only under ANC rule has it become a problem.

Then the current cry is that your average school leaver is eminently qualified because he/she is black, to do anything! Amazing they want to be recognised as the super power because they have a university degree - in politial science. That of course qualifies then to do ANYTHING better than the former apartheid regeime!

I am all for advancement of anyone, based on their ability to do the job! Pushing an under qualified native just he was born black is no way to run a country - or a Church! I face some agonizing decisions as to letting the average member of my branch be advanced. True there are those who can fill callings, but they have disqualified themselves by falling foul of the rules of morality!

As a general rule, I love the members of my branch - and sense that they love me back, but I am genuinely concerned that their idea of morality is not the Churches take on morality - almost as if they are saying to Heavenly Father that His rules on morality are outdated, and He must get with the current programme! I admit that I have been spoilt by the way I was brought up. I come from a family that has always believed in a high standard of morality. That is what threw me most badly when my ex was cheating on me! My ideas of morality were not those of the woman I was married to, and it worries me that I may be prejudiced in a future marriage by old fashioned standards of morality.

No comments:

Post a Comment