Monday, July 16, 2012

Efficency

Eskom, the ONLY provider of power in the whole of SA, should be more on-the-ball than they are! There is huge outcry for the impoverished to get power supplied - that they cannot afford to pay for - but when the Church pays for connection - a week later, nothing has been done!

We had to hold our branch conference without power - that we had paid for! Surely in even the Third World, if someone pays the deposit, he should be first on the list of those who get connected? I went there with my Branch President, who is black, so it was not a colour thing where Mhlungu's pay then wait forever for connection.

Luckily we did not actually need power as the conference did not need power to get lights on (there was plenty of sunlight streaming through the windows. Even I - with a strained vocal chords - can project my voice to the back of the room.

What does need doing is that the uneven ground needs to be smoothed over. I arrived after 2 other cars, but as I have physical keys to the property, I got out to open the gate. On my way back to the car, the uneven ground conspired with my still healing heel, and I fell over. Luckily I landed - on my back - in  soft sand and thick weeds. The most damage I suffered was dirt on the palms of my hands - easily fixed at the wash basins inside!

What stunned me the most was not that I fell, but that Physical Facilities have done NOTHING further at the branch than they had achieved, the week before last! My understanding is that funds for our chapel WERE advanced, but have already been spent on other units! When are we going to get what we were provided for?

No comments:

Post a Comment