Thursday, November 10, 2011

Trials

I am currently experiencing a few trials:-

My fancy wristwatch (Fossil) is not keeping time at all like it should. I bought it because it is a fairly fancy watch, and on Sunday it stopped so yesterday I replaced the battery. In half an hour, it still had lost 15 minutes. So today, it goes back to the jewellers and they either fix it fast, or I walk out with a new watch.

Last week, my 4x4 shed a broken V belt. On a Freelander, this belt controls everything - including:-
The alternator (so the battery would not chage)
The power steering (so it steered badly)
The water pump (so the water would not circulate)

I limped home and the belt was replaced on Monday and now it runs like a dream.

I honestly believe that the forces of evil are testing me because he feels that I am due for trials. Great is what the Bible promises - that Satan can try you but cannot kill you (that has not stopped him trying though!) I sense that I can cope with trials, and that I need to learn from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment