Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Life

I view my 51 years of existance (so far) as having 2 portions:-

BC - Before Crash AND

AD - After Damage

BC is kind of fuzzy in my memories and AD is all too omnipresent!

I know that tattoes are not encouraged by the LDS Church, as they are near impossible to change or Ctrl-Alt-Del - make vanish. The current problem that I am wrestling with is that on my left upper arm is a scar from the accident. In the sun, it shines up white, then goes really red, then does not tan and fades very fast to white again. I believe that if I get a tattoe on my arm, it will kind of disguise this scar. That assumes that the scar tissue can even take the ink from a tattoe. Under normal circumstances, the ink will be hidden beneath my sleeve, but when I an swinning - or showering - it will (hopefully) look better than an ugly scar!

I know that certain members of the Church branch that I attend, have actively voiced their opinions that plastic surgery is wrong, They dont know that I have had plastic surgery to my throat, to remove the horrible scar left by the trachae that I had whilst I was in a coma. Sure, the plastic surgery was not to repair a life threatening problem, but maybe fgor vanity.

I will say that since I had the surgery, I feel way better about myself and even speak better.

No comments:

Post a Comment