Friday, April 8, 2011

N2 to Durban

Usually, the Tugela River - the border between the original Natal and Zululand (Zululand to the left and Natal to the right) is merely a bunch of puddles, but it rises in the Drakensberg Mountains, where they have had a lot of rain recently. There is actually water flowing out to sea and the level is significantly lower than it was on Friday last week. The midlands is obviously drier currently tham it was a week ago.
This is the radio/CD player in my Freelander. I found that the volume control on the steering wheel works better than does the one on the set! It is great having the tuning/volume control at your finger tips rather than on the set itself! La Frog, the frenchie in my family, is set up the same except that in the boot is a 6 disc CD Changer. With my V8 Landrover, the set is actually controlled by a Remote - showing that it is a Big Boys Toy. They say that if you really want to disable your husband, hide the remotes!


I really annoyed and amuzed Christine by pushing the Hazard Lights (red button here) whilst she was driving - Beware, Learner Driver! We do things that strange, and laugh about them. We went to see a movie on Tuesday and it included a werewolf! (Red Riding Hood) When a car ran across the screen at an anxious spot in the film, I side commented to Christine "Werewolf" and she packed up laughing! Now if we see a cat in a garden, it is a werewolf!


She sent an SMS to me "Thanks for the awesome week!" That warms my heart as since Mom started threatening divorce, I have felt that Christine is being steered away from closeness to me! I have a feeling that this is because my ex is resentful that I bonded with Christine before she was able to. I dont think this is entirely conscious, but I do feel it is out there!

Something that stunned me was that I knew my Turbo Diesel is economical, but I had no idea how economical. I filled up with Diesel on leaving Mtunzini, drove to the airport in Durban, then home again and the tank still reads more than 3.4 of a tank. We went to Durban on the amount of fuel between Overfull and Full. In my V8, this overfill is enough to get me from the fuel station to Church (55 kilometers) and Durban is a full 300 kilometers south! There and back on a quarter of a tank!

No comments:

Post a Comment