Thursday, September 6, 2012

Vehicle troubles

A while back now my Discovery's battery went flat. It was not so much of a problem except with a low battery, the vehicle thought it was being violated and the alarm went off. It was a time when I was recovering from major(?) surgery to my left heel, so I could not do very much about it except disconnect the battery and recharge it!

Anyway, someone was upset by the alarm going off and - as if by magic - my tyre was let down. Was this retribution? Who knows, but I used my 4x4 Jack  - a cannister of stuff that reinflates the tyre and seals any minor holes. I could not move the vehicle and someone let a lot more air out of my tyre.

Eventually, I moved the spare (an old Michelin tyre) to the deflated side and the flat to the spare. I reconnected the battery and drove through to Empangeni and bought a new BF Goodrich, so all 5 tyres match.

What stuns me most is that my first car that I bought (a Leyland Mini) only cost me R 800 and now my Disco has All Terrain tyres worth R 11 500.

I think my Porsche has now been sold! An offer has been made and accepted. I think that the Indian who made the offer either lives in Stanger or Durban.

No comments:

Post a Comment