Monday, April 23, 2012

My foot

The left foot - looking down at them - has been giving me grief lately. Apparently the muscles along one side are stronger than the other side, so I have been walking on the side of my foot! Apparently the heel is distorted by the muscles and this has caused the problem.

Xrays showed that the bone structure is sound but that the muscles are distorting my heel. The surgeon rekons that to sort out the problem, they need to fuse the bones in my heel - allowing me to raise and lower my toes, but the sideways movement will be eliminated!

As far as I am aware, this fusing of the bones will be acomplished by inserting steel rods in my heel.

Nett result is that my mere presence will set off alarms at Departures in airports and in banks. Still, if that is what it takes, then so be it!

With my tattoo, the artist is of the opinion that he needs to add some purple to the swalows wings - where they cover the scar tissue - and redo the black outline! I can get this done maybe on Wednesday or Thursday, depending on when I need to collect my orthotic inserts for my shoes! These will counteract the strange pull my muscles are having on my foot, before the surgeon gets to do his fusing act!

No comments:

Post a Comment