Monday, February 6, 2012

Luck

Am I lucky or what?

Last week I took the Elders from Richards Bay and from Esihawini up to the Game Reserve.  sometimes we go up and dont see any Elephant - or Rhino  - or Giraffe (we are pretty sure that we see at least one of these every time) - but at virtually every turn thee were herds of them. The Elder from Richards Bay pointed out that a group of Rhino is a crash of rhino, not necessarily a herd!

My Discovery Landrover was reconditioned about 2 months ago, but it was taking time to log up the first thousand kilometers - whilst the motor loosens up. Anyway a month and a half and I managed 1 500 kilometers. In the Reserve, I managed to log up 500 kilometers, and the service at 1 000 kms is being done today!

The motor was bored out, so is now more like a 4 litre motor than a 3.9. It is SO MUCH quieter amd smoother than it used to be, and I have been assured that - even with a slightly bigger bore, it is likely to be more economical than before. I have been stunned that a big V8 auto, with aircon on ALL of the time (thanks to Zululand summer!) it is no more fuel hungry than was my Opel Corsa 1 4 litre motor, that was NOT airconditioned. So much for the eco freaks who view a large V8 as worse for the environment than the average small car!

I rather like my V8 in the Game Reserve as it is a seriously tall vehicle - looking down on everyone else - and no-one pushes it around in traffic. I think they fear that I will slip it into 4x4 and just go over the top of them - no sweat!

I was also stunned when I put new tyres on my Freelander. The set that came off were not worn much, but new shoes have made SUCH a difference - like a new vehicle. I have also discovered that in Drive, I can change between Normal and Sport modes, What difference this makes is a mystery.When you slide the gearlever into Normal, from Sport, it seems to make no difference whatsoever!

Since I got my body art over the scar on my arm, I have made a new friend! Roland worked at the tattoo parlour, and since he met me in December, he has decided to book himself into a drug rehab in Hillcrest! I know that he has made some poor life choices, but I feel that he is a great being. I feel for him that he is a recovering drug addict! Call me crazy, but I am grateful that we met! There was a reason that I was inspired to look into an alternative to plastic surgery over the unsightly scars, and it seems that there is a hand in my reasoning. Sure he has/had a drug problem, but he for sure has not had the easy life that I have had!

I have a friend who has married recently and he and his wife live in Kloof, just down the road from Hillcrest. I BBM'd Theunis to see if he is able to visit Roland in rehab, and he will. If my history is anything to go by, his pregnant wife is going to give him reason to be grateful to get out of the firing line on occasion! I cannot work out which is worse - a hormonal pregnant wife, or a vengeful ex wife?

No comments:

Post a Comment