Thursday, July 24, 2014

Boy does time fly? I upgraded my computer and lost the ability to update my blog. I was inspired today to access it and after a while, here I am again - a year older and a bit different!

I am not enjoying the cold that is creeping into Zululand at the moment. I am really uncomfortable in the cold, when it seeps into my bones and my titanium heel (operation to improve my balance) tends to absorb the cold. It gets painful and I can barely stand, although the adjustment to the muscle in my heel stopped my heel from pulling me off balance. Last time I flew, the airport alarms went off when I was scanned. That may have been the titanium heel or maybe from something in my moon boot! Thank Heavens I no longer need to wear it that often but I still wear it when I know that I am going to be on my feet a lot!

I spoilt myself that day, by flying Business Class. That made it difficult to reconcile flying in Economy with spoiling myself in Business Class. I understand that if I use my American Express card, I can upgrade at no cost to Business Class.

In Mtunzini village, there are currently 3 Zebra that wander the village. They look tame but there have been reports of people bitten or kicked by them. Prime rule that I have known since I was old enough to stand is that Zebra kick if you get behind them. My Dad has - ever since I can remember - had false teeth, because before I was born, a Zebra kicked him in the mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment